Interview Rubric 2 June Yr 12
Your CAS advisor will be using this rubric when interviewing you. Familiarise yourself with it to ensure that you have everything ready. A reminder that the information gathered from all 3 interviews will contribute towards you passing or failing your CAS (and therefore your IB Diploma) so BE PREPARED!
INTERVIEW 2 (JUNE YEAR 12)
General Advice for CAS Advisors:
- Focus on the Action and Reflection stages. Students should be encouraged to think about challenges they have faced and how they have tackled them.
- Students should discuss their progress towards each learning outcome and identify any areas not yet met
- Students should provide hard evidence in their portfolio to support their work in each learning outcome.
- Review goals and set new goals for year 13
- Decide which activities the student should continue with up to March of year 13 – rationalise to meet LOs but not overstress their time (again, quality not quantity)
After you complete your interview:
- You should write a CAS reflection based on the interview discussion and focus on how you plan to meet any of the learning outcomes you have not yet met.
The CAS Project (NB this should have been completed by Easter Yr 12)
(PLEASE SEE RUBRIC ABOVE FOR DETAILS)
Students will be meeting expectations if ...
- Length: The project is at least 1 month in duration
- Collaboration: The project involves sufficient collaboration with at least 2 others.
- CAS qualities: The student clearly expresses how the project fits at least one strand of CAS
- Goal and Need: The project has a goal and targets a genuine need
- Five Stages of CAS: The student has clearly outlined how the 5 stages of CAS (Preparation, Investigation, Action, Reflection, Demonstration) will be addressed